Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hello Sweet Ones,

I want to give you a brief update on some big changes in my life. Over the past 5 months, God has not taken me out of the wilderness (as I had hoped he would) but has actually asked me to step deeper into the desert. After many confusing and painful months of fasting and separation, God has made it clear to Esteban and myself that this is not HIS time for us to begin a marriage. He has asked many things of each of us, and as painful as it is to our human hearts, we have chosen to obey and walk this difficult path that the Lord is calling us to. Above all else, we are HIS. We do not belong to each other, and so, when God asked us to surrender our plans and desires and devote a season of our lives to seeking and serving Him alone, we said yes. We trust in the sovereignty of our mighty God, and stand secure, knowing that He is only continuing to prepare our hearts for the grand future He has in store for each of us.

God has opened the door to an exciting new season of opportunity and growth for me as I have sought his direction these past few months. I have been accepted into YWAM's School of Worship in Nashville, Tennessee, beginning July 11th. The School of Worship is a 5 month, encounter-driven training course that is set on knowing the Spirit of Truth so that we can worship Him in spirit and truth. As we come to encounter Him in a real and intimate way, both corporately and individually, we behold His glory(his ultimate beauty and magnificence) and therefore are transformed from one glorious state to another. We also learn from the biblical history of worship to get the foundations and then work with the Lord for new revelation on how to use those foundations in todays church, and world.

Jesus said in Matthew 22 that the greatest commandment is to “first, love God with all your heart, soul, and mind; and the second is to love your neighbor as yourself.” We see worship and missions as the marriage of the first and second commandment to obey the greatest commandment Jesus gave us. We also recognize that He had an order to that commandment and that loving God comes first with love-driven ministry following.

In this school as we are trained to minister to the Lord and love Him with all we have, we will be filled with His Spirit and sent by Him to our neighbors in spiritual and practical ways. We will minister on outreach every week in Nashville after lectures to give away these truths in power to a lost and blind world. We also engage on an 8 week foreign outreach after the 12 week lecture phase to take the life we receive from worship and bring healing and restoration to the nations. (Rev. 22:1-2)

I am SO excited and blessed to have been accepted into this life-changing school. I know that God is asking me to continue walking in the grand calling he has given me to love him and take his love to the nations, and that is exactly what he is allowing me to do in this new season.

Thank you for allowing me to share my heart and circumstances with you
(even in the most painful of times) and to call on you for your support in both prayer and finances. Your prayers are the greatest gift you can give. Please also let me know how I can pray for you! I will be sending out frequent updates upon my arrival in Nashville, as well as throughout our travels overseas. Thank you, with all my heart, for walking with me through the trials and adventures God has set before me. He is my
life, and I will give everything in me to glorify him and take his hope and healing to the ends of the earth.


"You were wearied with the length of your way, but you did not say 'it is hopeless'; you found NEW LIFE for your strength, and so you were not faint." -Isaiah 57:10



Faithfully and Forever HIS,

Katie

No comments: